This weeks class session was very interesting. Kizuna, Bekir, and Veronika gave their presentation about group work in the class room. The advantages and disadvantages were represented while by the presenters. They had us get into groups and defend or attack the concept of group activity in the class room. I was on the team that was suppose to attack it with myths that were presented in the book. I can see the few drawbacks that group activity can possess but I believe the advantages of group work greatly out weight the disadvantages. I think the presenters did a very nice job of exemplifying how group work can be used in the class room. We then found our own study buddies thought the use of a questionnaire which I thought was great. I came to realize how I study best as a student and I think that information will help me in the future as both a student and a teacher.
Next we did a free write activity. I love free writing and I always have which would explain why I had written so much about the subject of learning styles. We then got into groups to talk about what we had written. I found it interesting what Aaron and Jodi had to say about their learning styles and how it would affect their teaching. I was somewhat surprised at how much my learning style could affect my future teaching endeavours.
Lastly, we did the last segment of peer reviews and that was a great relief to me. I think our group has made a great project that is supported well by the 6 genres.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I also enjoyed the "Finding study buddies" activity. It was really interesting to see how everyone in the class are similar and different when it comes to learning styles and habits, but overall similarities still outweigh differences. It was great as well that you and i had a lot of matches. What a pity we knew this when the semester is coming to an end. Otherwise we would have made good study buddies.
Post a Comment