Our third genre is going to be a listening sort of open ended activity based on poems and short stories. My favorite part is that we get to pick out the poems and stories that would be included in a lesson. I looked up many Shel Silverstein poems such as:
Rain by Shel Silverstein
I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.
I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.
Honestly, does it get any better than that? I don't think so.
I found myself getting sidetracked while looking for poems for the genre because I was intrigued by so many that I was reading all of them without realizing it.

1 comment:
I miss Shel Silverstein. When I was in first grade, I gave my class a copy of "Where the sidewalk ends" for my birthday book (yeah, I gave my classes books on my birthday. I was a nerdy kid). I LOVE him!
Post a Comment