Monday, November 17, 2008

Journal #4 for Multi-Genre Project

On Saturday Aaron (Charlie), Adib and I met in the library at school to work on Genre #5. I am so surprised and happy that we got the 5th genre done. I think that the Genre that we created is very concrete and is a good representation of what our whole multi-genre topic is about.

We created a teaching-learning cycle activity with short stories. It is quite similar to a teaching unit on short stories. Many different things are involved such as deconstructing, analyzing and constructing text. This genre will actually be considered Genre #6 because it is a conclusion as wells as an example of exactly how creative writining can be used and integrated into the classroom.

I think that our group worked quite well together and that the genre exemplifies the overall point that we are trying to make about creative writing and ESL. For Genre #5 we are going to do a speaking activty that is based on the works of Dr. Suess. I think I will leave this Journal entry with one of his works.

CAT IN THE HAT
I can see that you've got quite a mind for your age! Why, one Think and you dragged me right onto the stage!Now, I'm here, there is no telling what may ensueWith a Cat such as me, and a Thinker like you!
Oh, the thinks you can think!Oh, the thinks you can thinkIf you're willing to try...Think invisible ink! Or a gink with a stink! Or a stair to the sky...If you open your mind, Oh, the thinks you will findLining up to get loose... Oh, the thinks you can think When you think about...

No comments: