One of our last class periods was a good one. We started the class talking about what did over Thanksgiving weekend. It was interesting to hear what some of the international students did because some of them have never experienced Thanksgiving before.
Joanne then presented her section on assessment and rubrics. I thought she did a nice job of taking some very explicit and extensive explanations and putting them into nice and simple terms. We then had to make a rubric which I found to be quite challenging. Honestly, I highly dislike rubrics but I know that they are so important and I have appreciated them as a student for many years.
We then got into groups and talked about the TOEFL test. I liked hearing what Mariya and Veronika had to say on the subject. I have not hear d much information on the test and what it entails but to me it sounds like a very painstaking and tedious process.
We then went to the G.L.L. and listened to Rachel's presentation about assessments and the different kinds that can be utilized. I found that to be interesting because there are certain assessments that are better than others (depending on the context).
Lastly, we got into groups and peer reviewed each others' portfolios and annotated bibliographies. I still think that the APA style formatting is something to be desired. That is to say that I do not have the format memorized as of late.
I am so excited that the end of the semester is near but I am a little apprehensive about what will come next semester.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment